|Available 100% online||Credit Hours||Tuition||Application Deadline||Test Requirements|
|Blended (See Certificate Requirements below)||9 credits||$439/cr. in-state and $1,430/cr. out-of-state||Fall Only||None|
Program Requirements (9 credits)
- INV 510 Innovation Engineering Fundmentals & Systems – Fall term, 4 Saturdays Sept-Dec on the Orono Campus
- INV 511 Innovation Engineering Advanced Innovation Methods – Spring term, 4 Saturdays Jan-April on the Orono Campus
- INV 590 Innovation Engineering Independent Project – Flexible, at a distance
Graduate students earn the Graduate Certificate in Innovation Engineering by completing, in this order, INV 510, INV 511, and INV 590 with a grade of B- or better in each course. Students must complete the coursework for the certificate within a period of five years.
What can I do with a Graduate Certificate in Innovation Engineering?
General Overview of Innovation Engineering Certificate
- Students will be able to use Innovation Engineering tools and methods to create and realize innovative, meaningfully unique solutions to problems in their chosen fields.
- Students will be able to communicate the benefits of their innovations to target audiences.
- Students will be able to apply fundamental theories and methods to work with teams or client groups to solve problems in any field.
Graduate students matriculated in any field may take the graduate coursework in Innovation Engineering; these students should notify the Director of Academic Programs in Innovation Engineering of their intention to complete the Certificate, and apply through the Graduate School.
Graduate non-degree students (students who have earned a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent) may apply for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Innovation Engineering with demonstrated depth of experience or expertise towards implementing projects in a specific area; to apply, send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Academic Programs in Innovation Engineering Foster Center for Student Innovation, University of Maine Orono, ME 04469-5798
Students must also submit the Graduate Certificate Application through the Graduate School.
Innovation Engineering Certificate Faculty
Visit the Foster Center for Student Innovation website to learn more about the faculty teaching in this program.