How to Search for Courses
Step by Step guide to searching for an online course
1) You may search for all courses offered using MaineStreet which is our online roadmap to the University of Maine system. The Mainestreet Portal is the best way to get up-to-date course listings.
2) Go to http://umaine.edu/portal and click on MaineStreet.
3) Click on Class Search.
4) Use the Class Search feature to search for classes within a specific institution and term. Choose an institution and term from the drop-down boxes.
5) Type in name of the Subject.
6) Click on Search to display a list of available classes.
7) You may leave the “Course Subject” box blank. In this case when you click on Search, all the courses offered at the institution for the selected term will be listed.
- To search for online courses, select “online” under Mode of Instruction toward the bottom of the page.
8) Scroll through the list to identify the course you are interested in. Click on the Section of the selected class.
9) Take note of the relevant registration details, such as the Course Number, Class Name, Section Number and number of Credits. You will need these to fill in the Registration form.