MaineCard (Student ID)
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Eligible and valid cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access campus facilities, services, and optional spending accounts! Optional spending accounts include Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks.
Use your MaineCard to:
- Identify yourself as a UMaine student
- Purchase items a the University Bookstore
- Print at designated printers across the UMaine campuses
- Make copies at UMaine Library copiers
- Make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- Buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts in Orono, ME
- Ride the Community Connector bus in the greater Bangor area for FREE
- Take advantage of student discounts
- And so much more!
Students who are taking online classes may obtain a MaineCard via mail. To apply for one, go to the MaineCard Service Center and fill out the UMaineOnline Student MaineCard Application under Forms and Documents. Email a color photograph and mail this application with a notarized copy of your photo ID for identification verification to MaineCard Services to receive your MaineCard.