MaineCard (Student ID)
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Eligible and valid cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access facilities, services and optional spending accounts while on campus! Optional spending accounts include Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks.
Use your MaineCard to:
- identify yourself as a UMaine student
- use your Meal Plan at UMaine Dining locations
- purchase items at the University Bookstore
- print at designated printers across campus
- make copies at Library copiers
- make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- access campus recreation facilities and UMaine sporting events
- buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts
- and so much more!
Students who are taking online classes may obtain a MaineCard via mail, with no photo required. To apply for one, go to The MaineCard Service Center and fill out the Non-Photo MaineCard ID Application Form under Forms and Documents.