Learn more about the financial resources available. You will find information about the Financial Responsibility Statement, Funding, Online payment, and more.
All students must complete the Financial Responsibility Statement (FRS) before enrolling in classes at any campus of the University of Maine System. The FRS may be accepted by going to your MaineStreet Student Center and clicking on the Financial Responsibility Statement link in the “To Do List.” The FRS is a legal agreement between the student/University of Maine System explaining the financial obligation of the student. Ensuring that students understand the financial commitment they are making when they register for courses is an important component of a student’s financial literacy and is also required by the Federal Bureau of Consumer Protection.
Your FAFSA must be filed by March 1st to be considered for the maximum possible financial aid eligibility. Students should never pay to file a FAFSA.
All filers will need an FSA ID from the Department of Education in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. Click here for more information about the FSA ID. The University of Maine’s School Code is 002053. Click here for more information about IRS Data Retrieval
Confirm that the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA by accessing your MaineStreet Student Center and clicking on the “FAFSA Status” link after February 1st.
The University of Maine helps undergraduate students fund their education through the many different scholarship and financial aid opportunities offered to first-year, transfer, and adult completion students.
*Please note that the UMaineOnline Flagship Scholarship described through this link has new guidelines for eligibility. We are working to update the webpage. New guidelines allow students taking no fewer than 6 credits to receive a prorated amount of the award. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office at 207-581-1324 for any questions regarding your financial aid.*
Non-Resident E-Tuition Rate
|Undergraduate||$300/credit hour||$375/credit hour|
All current members and honorably discharged veterans of the US Armed Forces receive in-state tuition. Military dependents using a GI Bill also receive in-state tuition. More information is available at the Bursar’s Office.
|Less than 6 credit hours||$134|
|6-11 credit hours||$410|
|12-15 credit hours||$1,005|
|Online Fee||$25/credit hour|
|Other Program/Course Fees||View|
Online courses are not assessed any on-campus fees (i.e., Activity Fee, Communication Fee, or Recreation Center Fee). Online courses are assessed the Unified Fee, a $25/credit hour Online Fee, as well as any other program and/or course-specific fees.
The student will receive an invoice. The student will use the Anticipated Resources area of Student Self-Service on MaineStreet to notify the University of any third party sponsorship. Instructions on how to enter anticipated resources.
It is the student’s responsibility to obtain authorization from the third party sponsor (purchase order/authorization form) which indicates how much the third party sponsor will be paying on the bill.
The student mails the authorization form, copy of the statement and payment (if any due) to the University by the payment due date. If these items are received by the payment due date shown on the statement, no late fee will be assessed.
For questions on third-party sponsorship billing, please call the Bursar’s Office at 207.581.1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. From the MaineStreet portal, click the Student Self-Service link.
2. Click the Student Center link.
3. In the Finances section of the Student Center, an Account Summary shows your total charges and deposits due. To view detailed information about your account and to access your Bill+Payment Suite student account, click the View My Bill link.
4. On the Account Summary page, charges and deposits due, if any, will display along with Pending Financial Aid. If you have accounts at multiple institutions, the amounts will display in a separate row for each institution. The total amount due to all institutions displays, as well. To access TouchNet’s Bill+Payment Suite, click the View Bill/Payment Options button.
5. To navigate to TouchNet’s Bill+Payment Suite, select the Access TouchNet Bill+Payment button.
Note: Your browser should transfer you to the TouchNet Bill + Payment system. If your browser takes you to the TouchNet sign in/welcome page, do not attempt to enter your Student Account and PIN. You will need to delete your browser’s cache (temporary internet files), close your browser, and try navigating through MaineStreet again. Once you are in MaineStreet you should be able to access TouchNet without signing in again. Also please be aware that MaineStreet uses pop-up technology. How to disable pop-up blockers for the most commonly used web browsers.
6. In the Current Account Status section, your total balance due at the institution displays. After reviewing your account information, click the “Make a Payment” button to start the payment process. On the Payments page, click the Make a Payment button and then select a payment.
Note: To view your account balances on a Term-by-Term basis, select the View Account Activity button.
7. Enter the amount of the payment into the Payment Amount field and then click the Continue button.
8. Click on the drop-down arrow in the Payment Method field.
9. Select a method of payment from the drop-down menu then click the Select button.
Return to Course Information
Learn about the available tools and resources to be a successful student. Resources include time management and academic integrity tips, tutoring, Fogler Library, Accessibility services, and more.