Tuition and Fees
Fall 2023–Summer 2024 Tuition
Maine and Canadian Resident or Veteran*
|Undergraduate – Degree Seeking||$400/credit hour||$500/credit hour|
|Undergraduate – Non-Degree/Not Enrolled in a Program||$400/credit hour||$1,158/credit hour|
|Graduate – Business||$679/credit hour||$679/credit hour|
|Graduate – Engineering***||$732/credit hour||$732credit hour|
|Graduate – Education||$567/credit hour||$567/credit hour|
|Graduate – All Other Programs||$608/credit hour||$608/credit hour|
|Graduate Programs – Non-Degree/Not Enrolled in a Program||$557/credit hour||$1,696/credit hour****|
*The e-tuition rate only applies to courses taken at UMaineOnline. Courses taken at other University of Maine System campuses are subject to that campus’ tuition rates.
**This special e-tuition rate applies to out-of-state students enrolled in a UMaineOnline degree or certificate program.
***Data Science and Engineering program is not included in the Engineering online rate. The “Graduate – All Others” rate would apply.
****The NEBHE rate is $975 per credit. The NEBHE Regional Student Program allows students from New England states to attend the University of Maine at a reduced tuition rate for selected academic programs. Find eligible states and programs.
Special Rates & Offers
Maine Chamber Members’ Employee Tuition Discount
Workforce Partners Program benefits are available to any employee of any active member of any State of Maine Chamber of Commerce.
Benefits for Employees
- 12% tuition discount off UMaine graduate business courses
- Streamlined admissions for the MaineMBA, Graduate Certificate in Business, or the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Zero application fees
- Dedicated Workforce Partner academic advising
- Access to workshops, webinars, and professional development events
In-State Tuition for Military and Dependents
All current members and honorably discharged veterans of the US Armed Forces receive in-state tuition. Military dependents using a GI Bill also receive in-state tuition. More information is available at the Bursar’s Office.
UMaine has been ranked as one of the top military-friendly schools by MilitaryFriendly.com for 8 years in a row. Assistance and support provided by the Veterans Education and Transitions Services office is available to online students as well.
To learn more about opportunities for the military community with UMaineOnline, please contact one of our advisors.
- There is an online student fee of $25 per credit.
- Degree-seeking students enrolled in undergraduate programs are assessed the $15 per credit technology fee, differential tuition, and any other program and/or course-specific fees.
- Degree-seeking students enrolled in graduate programs are not assessed the technology fee, activity fee, and differential tuition, however, there may be other program-related fees. The exception is Engineering*** and Nursing graduate programs which are assessed differential tuition.
- Non-degree students will be assessed the technology and differential tuition at both levels.
- Non-degree students taking a course for the first time will be assessed a one-time fee of $25.
To see fees and differential tuition rates, visit the Bursar’s Office website.