|Format||Credit Hours||Tuition||Application Deadline||Test Requirements|
|100% Online||30 credits||$450/cr. in-state and $563/cr. out-of-state*||Rolling Admissions||GMAT|
*This special e-tuition rate applies to out-of-state students enrolled in a UMaineOnline degree or certificate program.
Master of Business Administration
The University of Maine’s online MBA is designed with the real world in mind. Our students learn creative and strategic ways of thinking, to solve complex problems and issues, and to lead, manage, and communicate skillfully. In any industry, at any level, you’ll be prepared to excel in a rapidly changing, global economy with innovation and agility.
- Affordable – Considered one of the most affordable MBA programs by U.S. News and World Report and SR Education Group
- High-Quality – Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top 100 (#90) best online MBA programs as well as AACSB accredited, an achievement earned by only 5% of business schools
- Flexible – Available 100% online so you earn a MBA on your schedule
- Forward-Thinking – Our curriculum is integrated with the latest research giving you the knowledge and skills linked to industry best practices
- Expertly Led – Courses are designed and taught by the same world-class faculty as our on-campus programs
- Personal – We keep our classes small so our faculty can build relationships with their students and ensure their success
Our curriculum is embedded in the fundamentals of business. You’ll learn how to use marketing, finance, management, and more to solve tough problems and make smart business decisions.
The following core courses are required (24 credits):
- BUA 601: Statistical Analysis & Modeling for Organizational Operations (3 credits)
- BUA 605: Creating & Capturing Value in the Digital Economy (3 credits)
- BUA 609: Financial Statement Analysis (3 credits)
- BUA 620: Law, Business & Society (3 credits)
- BUA 626: Management of Contemporary Organizations (3 credits)
- BUA 645: Selected Advanced Topics: Managerial Marketing (3 credits)
- BUA 649: Management Policy (3 credits)
- BUA 651: Financial Management (3 credits)
Choose two electives (6 credits):
- BUA 596: International Field Study (3 credits)
- BUA 645: Selected Advanced Topics: Leadership, Climate Control, Socially Responsible Investing or Enterprise Architecture (3 credits)
- BUA 668: Electronic Commerce (3 credits)
- BUA 695: MBA Internship (3 credits)
- BUA 698: Independent Study (3 credits)
Online and Engaged
Our program allows working professionals to get the most out of earning their MBA online. We’ve combined self-paced coursework with real-time, interactive classes and virtual collaboration with other students. You’ll have the flexibility to learn where and when you want while still having opportunities to work with a team and expand your professional network.
Students' Experience Earning Their MBA Online
We have rolling admissions so you can apply and be accepted into the program at any time. Choose from three start times per year: August (fall semester), January (spring), and May (summer).
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a 3.0 cumulative GPA (3.5 preferred)
- GMAT score of 500 (550 or higher preferred) or other standardized test results (e.g., GRE, LSAT, MAT) taken within the last five years*
- For international applicants, a TOEFL minimum of 80 or 6.5 IELTS
- Minimum of a B- in the following UMaine or equivalent prerequisites:
- BUA 201: Principles of Financial Accounting
- BUA 202: Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUA 270: Marketing
- BUA 325: Principles of Management & Organizations
- BUA 350: Business Finance
- ECO 120: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 121: Principles of Macroeconomics
- STS 215: Introduction to Statistics for Business and Economics OR STS 232: Principles of Statistical Inference
• BUA 270, 325 & 350 – The Maine Business School offers three non-credit tutorials as an alternative to coursework. The tutorials are offered online and free-of-charge. For more information about the tutorial, please contact Jackie Leonard, Graduate Student Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 207.581.1973.
• BUA 201 & 202 – BUA 400: Introduction to Accounting (offered online during spring and summer terms)
• ECO 120 & 121 – ECO 410: Accelerated Introductory Economics (offered online during fall term)
The admission evaluation process begins once we’ve received all your application materials. Before you apply, please review the application instructions. When you’re ready to apply, please submit the following:
- An online application
- An essay describing your motivation for pursuing a MBA. The essay is evaluated not only for content, but also for intrinsic writing quality and strengths. Your essay should be no more than two pages, double spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1″ margins.
- Official academic transcripts
- Official GMAT or other standardized test results taken within the last five years*
- Résumé with the names and contact information for two references
- If not included in a résumé, the names and contact information for two references. This information should be sent directly to email@example.com.
International students should also submit:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores. Waived for native English speakers and students graduating from an English-speaking or ESL programs.
- WES or ECE certified transcript translation
- Certificate of Finances
The GMAT is waived for applicants who:
- Have a Ph.D., JD, MD or master’s degree from a U.S. accredited program
- Have a CPA or CFP
- Are strong candidates with five or more years of post-graduate professional or military experience such as staff management in a direct working relationship, work team leadership, financial or budgetary responsibility, and/or responsibilities that specifically demonstrate applied quantitative and analytical skills
To apply for a GMAT waiver, submit the GMAT Waiver Form. GMAT waivers are not available for international applicants.
A MBA prepares you to lead organizations, think creatively, and produce results. It’s why professionals with an advanced degree are more likely to be in influential positions, have higher incomes, and build successful businesses.
MBA graduates are in demand in every industry and find success in roles such as:
- C-level positions
- Community Initiatives Director
- Advertising Executive
- Business Manager
- Marketing Director
- Human Resources Director
- Finance Officer
- Product Manager
- Management Consultant
- Financial Analyst
95% of our alumni find employment within 3 months of graduation and have found careers with major corporations and Fortune 500 companies including:
- LL Bean
- Tyler Technologies
- Bangor Federal Credit Union
- State Street
- BC Partners
- TD Wealth
- Androscoggin Bank
- Bowdoin College
- Davo Technologies
- University Loft Company