B.S. in Business Administration in Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Management
Management majors navigate the complexities of corporate, international, and small business management and hone administrative and organizational principles, such as leadership, organizational change, strategic analysis, production system analysis, and human resources. Subject matter offered includes administration and organizational theory, motivational and social systems, human resource management, operations, and decision and policy-making systems.
Graduates are equipped for careers as entry-level staff, supervisory, or administrative positions in business, government, nonprofit, or industries.
Since 1974, the Maine Business School has been accredited by AACSB International, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education, and has been earned by less than 5 percent of the world’s business schools.
UMaine Degree Requirements
All University of Maine students must complete at least 120 credit hours to earn a Bachelor’s Degree. In addition to courses in their major, students must complete 46 credit hours of General Education courses. Many of the below business prerequisites and core business courses cross-fulfill these requirements. Your advisor will work to double-count as many courses as possible to streamline your degree progression.
Some core business courses are prerequisites for other business courses later on in a student’s degree progression. Students must earn a C- or better in any course that is a prerequisite for business courses, including the following:
- ECO 120: Principles Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECO 121: Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MAT 115: Applied Mathematics for Business and Economics (3 credits)
OR MAT 116: Introduction to Calculus (3 credits)
OR MAT 126: Calculus I (4 credits)
- PSY 100: General Psychology (3 Credits)
- STS 215: Introduction to Statistics for Business and Economics (3 credits)
OR STS 232: Principles of Statistical Inference (3 credits)
Core Business Curriculum
Students must earn a C- or better in all core business classes and may repeat any class only once in order to maintain academic good standing. All Business students must complete twelve (12) core courses:
- ACC 201: Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 202: Principles of Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- BIS 105: Excel Fundamentals for Business Analytics (1 credit)
- BIS 235: Information Systems and Technology for Business (3 credits)
- FIN 350: Business Finance (3 credits)
- MGT 101: Introduction to Business (3 credits)
- MGT 220: The Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- MGT 325: Principles of Management and Organization (3 credits)
- MGT 337: Production and Operations Management (3 credits)
- MGT 343: Introduction to International Business (3 credits)
- MGT 449: Strategic Management (3 credits)
- MKT 270: Marketing (3 credits)
Complete three (3) required courses:
- MGT 326: Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- MGT 327: Business and Society (3 credits)
- MGT 330: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
Complete two (2) Management electives:
- BIS 267: Database Management (3 credits)
- MGT 328: Canadian/U.S. Business: A Comparison (3 credits)
- MGT 331: Labor-Management Relations (3 credits)
- MGT 342: Small Business Management (3 credits)
- MGT 344: Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation (3 credits)
- MGT 445: International Management (3 credits)
- MGT 450: Sport Management (3 credits)
- MGT 460: Leadership (3 credits)
Below are courses normally needed to earn the online BSBA in Management after the successful completion of a transfer-oriented Associate’s Degree in Business. Students are encouraged to contact an online advisor to confirm their specific remaining degree requirements.
Undergraduate admissions is handled by the Admissions Office of the University of Maine. The University seeks candidates whose academic credentials, scholastic achievement, and motivation indicate promise for success in its programs. Admission is granted on a rolling basis and applications are available and may be completed online at the UMaine Admissions website.
Students wishing to transfer to the Maine Business School from other programs within the University of Maine or from other universities or institutions must have a solid academic record that demonstrates the ability to be successful in the BSBA in Management program. Students should present a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA for initial consideration, however, a 2.50 GPA or higher is preferred for admission.
Specific questions regarding the transferability of credit should be addressed to the Undergraduate Office of the Maine Business School: 207.581.1997 or email@example.com.
Have questions about earning your B.S. in Business Administration in Management online with UMaine? Contact one of our advisors at 207.581.5858 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Partnership with Walgreens
Visit the MBS website to learn about the outstanding faculty teaching in this program.