Undergraduate Certificate in Surveying Engineering Technology
The 100% online Undergraduate Certificate in Surveying Engineering Technology provides students with a solid foundation in core competencies of surveying. An undergraduate certificate differs from a bachelor’s degree in that the curriculum is focused on the subjects that will benefit your career and show employers proof of practical skills.
This program is ideal for:
- Surveying professionals with a degree outside of surveying engineering technology and their path to licensure requires a core group of surveying classes
- Professionals where a degree is not required for licensure but instead a core curriculum is necessary
- Those looking for a stepping stone into the online B.S. in Surveying Engineering Technology
Note: This program is only available online and not on campus.
The following core courses are required (9 credits):
- SVT 101: Basic Surveying Field and Office Processes (3 credits)
Offered Fall and Spring
- SVT 202: Route and Site Surveying (3 credits)
Offered Fall and Spring – Prerequisite SVT 101
- SVT 221: Boundary Law (3 credits)
Offered Fall and Spring – Prerequisite SVT 202
Choose two electives (6 credits). All have a prerequisite of SVT 202.
- SVT 201: Adjustment Computations (3 credits)
- SVT 331: Photogrammetry (3 credits)
- SVT 341: Advanced Surveying (3 credits)
- SVT 352: Practical Field Operations (3 credits)
- SVT 437: Practical GPS (3 credits)
Offered Fall and Summer
Students enrolled in this certificate can take up to 21 credits at the e-rate. After 21 credits, they will need to be admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree program for the e-rate or pay the out-of-state rate.
Have questions about earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Surveying Engineering Technology online with UMaine? Contact Tiffany Peterson, UMaineOnline advisor, at 207.581.5858 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Surveying Engineering specific questions, contact Ray Hintz, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
International students may ONLY pursue this certificate online and from the country in which they are citizens.
Students will be able to transfer in up to 6 credits of similar courses from other institutions. Any other substitutions will be at the discretion of the surveying engineering technology program coordinator.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of basic trigonometry
- Ability to use a scientific calculator with trigonometry functions
- An online application
- Official academic transcripts