|Format||Credit Hours||Tuition||Entry Terms|
|100% Online||120 credits||$388/cr. for Maine & Canadian residents & veterans and $485/cr. for non-residents*||Fall/Spring/Summer**|
*This special e-tuition rate applies to out-of-state students enrolled in a UMaineOnline degree or certificate program. Tuition rates for those not enrolled in a program/non-degree students can be found on Tuition & Fees.
**Please contact an advisor for information about Summer entry.
Bachelor of University Studies (BUS)
Work. Travel. Family. Life is busy. Don’t let that stop you from completing your degree. The Bachelor of University Studies makes the most of your existing college credit to help you earn your degree faster and more cost-effectively. The program is designed to be flexible and easily integrated into your life by offering part-time study 100% online.
Here, your needs come first. UMaine provides a unique self-directed approach giving you the ability to choose an academic path that matches your interests and professional goals. Our team is here every step of the way to help you finish what you started.
Visit the Bachelor of University Studies website to learn more about this exciting program!
The B.U.S. program allows students to develop a program of study that encompasses their interests and makes maximum use of their existing transfer credits.
- Students must complete a minimum of 120 credits.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits originating from the University of Maine with at least 15 of those credits at the 300 level or higher.
- A UMaine cumulative GPA of a “C” (2.0) or better is required for graduation.
In addition to the general education requirements, the following courses are required (7 credits):
- UST 100: Introduction to the Bachelor of University Studies (1 credit)
Offered in an online format in six-week sequences
- UST 300: Core Course in University Studies (3 credits)
Meets upper level Writing Intensive requirement in the major
- UST 499: Senior Capstone (3 credits)
Meets General Education Capstone requirement
Select one of four existing tracks (24 credit hours):
Students’ Experience Earning Their B.U.S. Online
- High School diploma or equivalent (e.g., GED)
- 18 credits of college-level courses from an accredited college or university*
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of “C” (2.0) or higher
- Completed application
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended
- An interview with a B.U.S. advisor to discuss your goals and objectives
*Please contact a B.U.S. advisor to discuss the transferability of credits not earned at the University of Maine.
Many students build their programs of study around their intended career, thus extending and creating skill sets that are useful in employment.
To learn more about how UMaine helps students start or advance their careers at the Career Center.