|Format||Credit Hours||Tuition||Application Deadline||Test Requirements|
|100% Online||15 credits||$461/cr. in-state and $576/cr. out-of-state*||Rolling Admission||None|
*This special e-tuition rate applies to out-of-state students enrolled in a UMaineOnline degree or certificate program.
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for students interested in gaining essential analytical skills to make data-driven business decisions by capitalizing on rich data resources. This certificate provides professional-level education in leveraging big data through advanced analytical tools such as data visualization, predictive modeling, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
Business Foundation Course
Prior coursework with a grade of B- or better in an undergraduate-level statistics course covering topics through linear regression is required. Students without foundation coursework will take one additional online course to fulfill this requirement prior to taking any Business Analytics courses.
The following courses are required (6 credits):
- BUA 680: Foundations of Business Intelligence and Analytics (3 credits)
- BUA 681: Data Management & Business Analytics (3 credits)
Choose three electives (9 credits):
- BUA 676: Market Research and Analysis (3 credits)
- BUA 682: Data Pre-Processing for Business Analytics (3 credits)
- BUA 683: Information Visualization (3 credits)
- BUA 684: Business Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (3 credits)
- BUA 685: Problem Formulation and Decision Analysis (3 credits)
- BUA 686: Predictive Analytics and Business Forecasting (3 credits)
- ECO 530: Econometrics (3 credits)
- ECO 531: Advanced Econometrics and Applications (3 credits)
* Students who have completed equivalent course work in the past may substitute this core course with an additional selection from the analytics electives.
Visit the department’s webpage for a full list of the amazing faculty teaching in this program.
Have questions about earning your Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics online with UMaine? Contact Dagmar Moravec, Director of Online Student Services, at 207.581.5858 or at email@example.com.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college of university
- Prior coursework with a grade of B- or better in an undergraduate-level statistics course covering topics through linear regression is required. Students without foundation coursework will take one additional online courses to fulfill this requirement prior to taking any Business Analytics courses.
When you are ready to apply, please first review these application instructions. Then submit the following:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all other colleges/universities attended
- Letters of recommendation are NOT required. However, please include the contact information for two professional or academic references on your resume or send them in an email to the Maine Business School
- International students must meet the Graduate School TOEFL requirement