Adam’s Story

Photo of Adam KathmanAs a husband and father, I knew that changing careers in order to pursue my passion for teaching was going to come with challenges. Thankfully, UMaine’s online MAT program is tailored in such a way that I could balance work, school, and family life. The MAT curriculum provides students with the latest advancements in pedagogy, content, educational leadership, and technology while valuing the incorporation of each student’s lived experiences. Personally, my success in the MAT program is due in large part to the expertise and accessibility of the faculty. Their support inspires me to become the best teacher I can be for my students while building the positive relationships that are central to success in the classroom. I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision to enroll in UMaine’s online MAT program and the instruction I received. I am confident that I made the right decision in pursuing this career change and that the MAT program has prepared me for a long and successful career as an educator.

– Adam Kathman