|Format||Credit Hours||Tuition||Application Deadline||Test Requirements|
|100% Online||15 credits||$461/cr. in-state and $576/cr. out-of-state*||Rolling Admissions||None|
*This special e-tuition rate applies to out-of-state students enrolled in a UMaineOnline degree or certificate program.
Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management
The online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management prepares engineers to:
- Manage projects including planning, controlling, scheduling, and risk analysis
- Use data to make decisions as well as optimize processes and resources to minimize waste, maximize benefits, and maximize performance
- Manage engineering organizations and businesses
Although the program can be completed 100% online, students can take on-campus classes as well as earn their certificate completely on-campus. To learn more about completing the program on-campus, visit engineering.umaine.edu/engineering-management.
The curriculum is designed specifically for engineers so students can build and strengthen their business knowledge and become leaders in their workplace. Students can select classes that speak to their unique professional goals.
The following course is required (3 credits):
- ENM 586: Advanced Project Management (3 credits) (online)
Data-Based Decision-Making Electives
Choose 2 courses (6 credits):
- BUA 601: Data Analysis for Business (3 credits) (online)
- CIE 521: Civil Engineering Systems and Optimizations* (3 credits) (on-campus)
- EET 484: Engineering Economics (3 credits) (on-campus)
- MEE 559: Engineering Optimization* (3 credits) (online)
- MET 440: Lean Six Sigma (3 credits) (online)
*Only CIE 521 or MEE 559 may be taken for this certificate.
Managing Engineering Organizations Electives
Choose 2 courses (6 credits):
- ACC 400: Introduction to Accounting (3 credits) (online)
- BUA 680: Foundations of Business Intelligence and Analytics (3 credits) (online)
- CET 425: Virtual Design and Construction (3 credits) (on-campus)
- CET 462: Construction Planning and Scheduling (3 credits) (on-campus)
- MBA 626: Management of Contemporary Organizations (3 credits) (online)
- MBA 645/637: Global Supply Chain (3 credits) (online)
- MBA 670: Managerial Marketing (3 credits) (online)
- SVT 475: Small Business Management (3 credits) (on-campus)
The key faculty for this certificate have extensive experience in engineering and business giving them the practical knowledge needed to grow your skills as an engineering leader. To learn more about the faculty’s research, visit engineering.umaine.edu/research.
The market demand for advanced engineering management skills is greater than ever. Project management is the most common skill requested for engineering jobs across the United States. This forms the core of the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management. The need for engineers with these skills is expected to increase as 1/4 of the U.S. engineering workforce is 55 or older (nearly 800,000 engineers) and needs to be replaced as they retire.
Have questions about earning your Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management online with UMaine? Contact Richard Roberts, UMaineOnline Advisor, at 207.370.1515 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or an equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS score of 6.5 for international students
The admission evaluation process begins once we’ve received all your application materials. Before you apply, please review the application instructions. When you’re ready to apply, please submit the following:
- An online application
- Official academic transcripts