Create Innovative Learning Experiences
Technology is changing the way we learn, engage, and teach. Through our online certificate and degree programs, you’ll develop expertise in using current and emerging technology to enhance your skills as an educator, discover the latest research on learning, and become a leader in creating cutting-edge learning experiences.
Innovation matters. Our collaborative model is the first in the University of Maine System to consider creating ways to expand accessibility to the best faculty from 3 campuses – the University of Maine, the University of Maine Farmington, and the University of Southern Maine.
Online and Engaged
We’ve captured the best of online learning – the flexibility to learn when and where you want while still being able to attend interactive live meetings, guest speakers, and demonstrations from anywhere in the world.
Smaller class sizes help you build relationships with our faculty and other students, building your professional learning network. You’ll not only develop educational technology expertise, you’ll become part of an active community of other passionate educators.
What You’ll Learn
Our curriculum ignites your passion as an educator and leader in advancing educational technology into the classroom. Through your coursework, you’ll learn how to:
- Integrate technology to create environments that support, engage, and inspire learners
- Empower students to become globally connected, active learners
- Discover and implement the best products to enrich learning experiences
- Use the latest research to create mobile, online, and blended environments
- Understand the social, ethical, legal, and cultural issues of using technology
- Lead meaningful professional development programs for other educators
- Expand beyond the classroom and advance connections within the field
Choose the Program Right for You
We offer different degree programs and a range of courses to help you achieve your goals. Start with one of our certificate programs to become familiar with the curriculum and create a pathway to earning your M.Ed. Not sure where to start? An advisor can help you choose the program right for you.
Have questions about earning your certificate, M.Ed. or Ed.S. in Instructional Technology online with UMaine? Contact Dagmar Moravec, Director of Online Student Services, at 207.581.5858 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.