The University of Maine’s online graduate Education programs teach you how to use research-based knowledge, field-tested experience, and the latest technology to meet the changing needs of students and schools.
- Earn your M.Ed. from anywhere. Our programs are online so you can learn when you want, wherever you are.
- Same high-quality education as on campus. Courses are designed and taught by on-campus faculty who are passionate about online teaching.
- Learn from experienced faculty who are leaders in their field. Our faculty is comprised of seasoned educators who are part of the largest provider of undergraduate and graduate professional education programs and educational policy research in Maine.
- Nationally accredited and recognized. Our programs are CAEP and NECHE accredited and ranked #35 in Best Online Master’s in Education Programs for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report
- Apply and be accepted at any time. Most of the programs listed below have rolling admissions so you can submit an application and be accepted at any time of year.
Explore Our 100% Online M.Ed. Programs
Blended M.Ed. Programs
UMaineOnline has one blended, low-residency program. A majority of the classes are held online with occasional synchronous, in-person requirements.
100% Online Ed.S. & Ed.D. Programs
Start with a Graduate Certificate
Our 100% online graduate certificates help you develop new skills and stay competitive in as little as 9-15 credits. Some certificates can serve as a stepping stone to a M.Ed.
“As a full-time working mother of a young child, this program afforded me the time and flexibility I needed to be successful. These courses challenged me in new ways each week and granted me the skills I needed to become a program manager within my organization a year after completing my degree. I would recommend this program to anyone, but especially to non-traditional students who feel like a master’s degree may be otherwise out of reach.” – Melinda
“As a teacher with a busy family, the M.Ed. program meets my needs in so many ways. I am able to take engaging online classes with instructors who know how to create class communities in the virtual environment. I am also able to develop valuable skills that I can apply immediately in my teaching practice.” – Jessica